Establishing a towing truck company is a profitable venture though it requires a huge amount of capital. It will also take up a lot of your time to plan and market your business so that you can start earning from the huge investment. Below is a simplified procedure that you can follow in setting up your towing company:
- Make a plan: You will need to identify the towing services you wish to offer which could either be post-accident services, breakdown, or illegal parking.
You will also need to find ways to fund the operation of the company including the marketing strategies that will be geared towards the expansion of your business.
- Get the trucks for use in the towing business: You can begin with one truck and buy more as the business continues to grow. Consider buying a flat-bed and a wheel-lift towing truck which has the capacity to tow larger vehicles that cannot be moved by the hook-and-chain towing truck.
- Get your company licensed by the relevant authorities So that you can win the trust of your clients. People will trust you more when they are sure that your operations are legalized and you have all the required details.
- Insure your company for any damages, or injuries that may happen in the course of running the company.
- Get a physical location for your business as customers will trust you with their vehicles more when they know where to find you in case a problem arises in the course of towing a vehicle.
- Market your towing company: Invest in efficient marketing strategies to ensure that you reach as many people as possible and inform them of your towing services. You can liaise with local gas stations, shops that repair vehicles, police departments, among others so that in case anyone calls them asking for recommendations, they will refer them to your company.
- Get qualified drivers for your towing trucks: You will not get far with your company if you employ people who do not know how to operate a towing vehicle. Get someone who is well versed in the business as he will easily win the trust of your company.
- Employ a receptionist who has great communication skills who will be able to handle customers’ calls and contact the drivers in case a customer calls and needs help. You will gain the trust of your customers if you respond to customers promptly and ensure they get help as soon as possible.
A successful towing company must ensure that once a customer contacts them requesting for services, he will be served in such a way that he will never seek services elsewhere. Such a client will refer many more customers to you and before you know it, you will be having more customers than you can handle. You can employ driver and receptionists who will be able to work in shifts as this will ensure that there is always a person ready to attend to customers at any time of the day or night. You should also ensure that your trucks remain in good shape so that they will not break down in the process of towing other vehicles.